Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Story of My Present Uni: Ox

When I was at TU, there was a widespread motto that has been used like tissue paper, this motto is "I love TU, cause TU teaches me to love people".

Well, as I have moved on, and now founnd myself at the new Uni in England. I'd like to share an interesting motto of this university.

"Oxford University: Where Your Best Isn't Good Enough, Since 1117"



Seriously, no one (apart from a few genious I knew here) is really "good enough" here.

I actually have more story to share about this bloody Uni. -- You know you’re at Oxford if:

1. You’ve ever drunk your coffee while sitting on the toilet – to save time.
2. You’ve heard someone give an academic explanation of how they cooked their food.
3. You’ve ever violated three or more traffic laws per mile during your bike ride to the library – to save time.
4. If you find that aforementioned bike ride to be the most relaxing part of your day.
5. If you read for an hour before you realize your trouser legs are still rolled up from the bike ride.
6. If you’ve ever skipped a lecture to go read for the paper due in a week.
7. If you’ve ever told the librarian the name of the historical figure you’re researching – instead of your own name – when collecting your books.
8. When the most annoying part of your day is the 45 seconds it takes for someone to stomp their wooden-soled boots through the library - as loud as they can.
9. If you dream about your research.
10. If you're more worried about losing your Bod card than your bank card.

1 comment:

David Ginola said...

haha...

ox motto is somewhat similar to my secondary school’s motto:

Anglo-Chinese School (Independent):
"The Best is Yet to Be."