Sunday, February 11, 2007

Big Quote from Big Guy: Mr.Wenger

If anyone ask me who's my favorite person! The person I adore the most!

Well, you might be surprise, he is not "economist", not "academics", not "Thai".

It's a weird answer, but he is "Arsene Wenger"!!!!!!

This guy is so great! Apart from being a great football manager at great football club, he also has a great attitude.

Recently he gave an interview about his personal life, I got one of an all-time great words that I have ever heard from him.

When he was ask about what has driven him to achieve success, he answered:

"What drives me on is that belief that tomorrow I’ll do things better and be a better person than I am today".

I'm so impressed. By the way, Mr.Wenger got an "economic degree" from a major university in France. An in his works, he always show how an economist would flourish in a real world job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also like Wenger a lot even though I'm not an Arsenal fan myself. I admire him as being one of the very few managers that can bring loads of success to the team without having to spend a fortune in buying big-name players. He wins by brain, not by $$$.

I do have my fav person in a world of world too. Mine is Ole Solskjaer. Not bcos he scored that goal in UCL final but with his attitudes and loyalty with the team. Many yrs ago, Spurs offered him a lucrative contract. He refused despite the fact that United cldn't really guarantee a spot on the 1st team. His reason has totally won my respect. He said, "เงินไม่ใช่แรงจูงใจในการเล่นฟุตบอลของผม".

I think loyalty is what has been gradually disappeared from the football world these days ... what a shame!

Anonymous said...

อ่านแล้ว เขาความคิดดีเชียวค่ะ
แล้วยังนี้ พี่เ้ป็นแฟนปืนใหญ่ด้วยหรือเปล่าเอ่ย

David Ginola said...

I never read Wenger's interviews but I admired his philosophy in creating an entertaining style of play for arsenal. attacking, beautiful footbal is great for the fans, even if sometimes it may not be the optimal style to win trophies.

He did spend some money though on some players like Reyes and Walcott. But reltaive to Chelsea and Man Utd, that's not a lot of money.

I'm a Spurs fan, so I guess I shouldn't really talk so admirably about the gunners' manager who 'stole' Sol Campbell for free from tottenham. I think the current spurs squad lacks the creativity and determination.. I miss Klinsmann and Ginola, two of the greatest spurs players of all time.

Dawdle Man said...

Such a bias comment you have made!! esp. the phase "...apart from being a great football manager at great football club...".

hahahaha :D

I bet if you were an AC Milan big fan, you would praised how great, how billiant Mr. Berusconi was, either as a stateman or a football club executive.

Anyway, could you elaborate more on his application of economic knowledge on this sport team management?